Strength Training after 30. It is a sad fact that our muscles start to decline after the age of 30. We do much less manual work these days and we tend to approach 30 with less muscle mass than previous generations. Therefore our base strength rate will be lower, unless we actively weight train to correct this.
So…. Now is the time to improve our strength and avoid frailty in our later years. Rather than bulking our muscles we need to build strong toned bodies and strong connective tissue. Stronger bodies equals less frailty and more independence.
3iiis Strength Training for Over 30's.
Watch the Video for, 10 Basic exercises shown with modifications, to build a stronger fitter body.
HERE ARE MY TOP STRENGTH TRAINING EXERCISES
1. SQUAT - A BASIC EXERCISE FOR LOTS OF MOVEMENTS WE DO EVERY DAY.
2. LUNGE- TARGETS THE LONG MUSCLES OF THE LEG AND THE GLUTES.
3. TRICEP KICK BACK- SCULPTS THE MUSCLES OF THE UPPER ARM
4. SIDE CRUNCH- GIVES DEFINITION TO THE WAIST AND WORKS ON THE STABILITY MUSCLES
5. BRIDGE- UPWARD FACING BRIDGE WORKS THE HAMSTRINGS, BACK AND GLUTEAL MUSCLES
6. PLANK- A CORE EXERCISE TO WORK BACK AND FRONT STABILISATION MUSCLES
7. WOODCHOP- A COMPOUND EXERCISE WORKING THE CORE, LEGS AND ARMS
8. SIT-UP- ADDS STRENGTH TO OUR FORWARD FLEXION ABDOMINALS
9. SHOULDER PRESS- BUILDS STRENGTH AROUND OUR POSTURAL MUSCLES
10. LOW SQUAT TO LIFT- TARGETS LEGS AND ARMS. CAN ALSO HAVE AN AEROBIC ELEMENT.
For more in-depth exercises try out any of my Zoom Live classes or classes on imeldafit.
"Just to say how much I enjoyed today’s class. I don’t know how you manage to come up with something different and challenging each session. It was brilliant."
"Hi Imelda Just wanted to say that the new website looks great and is very easy to navigate. I have tried 2 of the conditioning classes and really enjoyed them - it is almost exactly like doing the classes in person with you! I think it's good that there are classes of varying lengths."
"Like the 30 mins arm and now delighted to see a 30 mins core. Easier to fit in than always an hour. Hopefully some more abs etc as 30 mins too!"
Really enjoying the classes - esp during recent 14 day quarantine. Perfect! Try to do a core express before starting work 3 days a week and the longer classes when have time. Treat to have a new core express today. Plus new longer classes to try over next weeks."
"Really enjoying the Imeldafit classes - fit in well around work and chores. The shorter ones best for before work and the longer ones at w/e's or non work days. The 30 mins Core Express are my favourite but did enjoy the recent Hiit and Arms/back. So trying everything. Appreciate latest Core Express has more floor and abs work in it so that is great!"